A wee bit about us...
Hello and Welcome to Ayrshire Rural Retreats. I'm Jessica and I run our Organic Beef and Sheep farm with my partner Jim near Galston, East Ayrshire. Apart from the animals, we have a bunch of kids (and another on the way), so you could say we're kept fairly busy!
I moved up to East Ayrshire a few years ago from a dairy farm in Yorkshire. After going to Uni to study agriculture I spent some time in Australia, and when I came back, I was swept off my feet by a Scotsman!
We're both madly passionate about the environment and organic farming and want to share a glimpse of our amazing lifestyle in our growing range of unique, modernised farm houses, luxury cabins and "pods".
This is basically my dream job; combining sustainable farming and looking after livestock with tourism and meeting new people!
We have a great team here as we try to do as much as we can in house, both to provide employment for locals and also to keep our carbon footprint down.
All our properties are powered by renewable energy and we work with as many local businesses as we can to offer our guests the best possible experience during their stay.
So if you fancy something a bit different. A peaceful break away from it all, surrounded by beautiful Ayrshire countryside in a cosy, comfortable place to stay then we'd love to hear from you
Eco-friendly Ayrshire Rural Retreats
Running a certified organic farm, we obviously care deeply about our environment and keeping things "local" wherever possible.
- All accommodation is heated with biomass which is a renewable energy source
- LED Lights throughout and energy efficient appliances
- We do all our own laundry - 100% Renewable ( green / carbon neutral) and safe in the knowledge it’s all been boil washed and sparkling clean!
- Our farm Certified organic and approved by the soil Association
- Our accommodation is located on our Organic Beef and Sheep Farm, over looking green fields and our animals grazing in them
Locally there are a range of restaurants, cafes and things to do including a visit to Dumfries House, mauchline the home of Rabbie Burns and the Seaside town of Troon